The Netherlands is one of the top destinations for shipping cars from Dubai and the UAE for many reasons, the most important one being the proximity of the port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands to quite a few European cities and the ease of receiving and customs clearance procedures involved.
When shipping cars to the Netherlands, we carry out all procedures, right from receiving them and preparing the necessary shipping documents until the cars reach their destination.
How Are Cars Shipped From Dubai to the Netherlands?
Each day, cars get shipped from Dubai to the Netherlands using shipping containers- the safest and the most convenient way to ship most types of cars. Used cars of all kinds, classics and modern, and motorcycles and spare parts, get shipped in these containers, which usually take around 30 to 36 days to arrive at Rotterdam from Dubai’s famous Jebel Ali port. If the cars don’t fit into containers of 20 to 40 feet, they can be shipped via RORO ships – ships used to transport cars, trucks, and other vehicles of various sizes. These ships are fitted with special equipment which permits vehicles to be driven to and from the ship. Hydraulic ladders are used for fast loading and unloading. Shipping costs may thus be lower than shipping containers, but the time taken to reach the destination is longer. Cars may also be shipped via air freight from Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports to Amsterdam Airport. This is a fast and unique service provided through our contracts with international airlines via a team trained in all air freight procedures for cars.
Expected Fees in the Netherlands When the Car is Shipped
Before shipping the car to the Netherlands, it is prudent to find out the destination costs from the customs clearance agent in the Netherlands, as loading and unloading and port charges in Rotterdam are usually around $600 per car, with the import duty on the car under 30 years old being 10% in addition to the 21% value-added tax. In some cases, it is possible to avoid paying import duties on the car, especially if you move to live in the Netherlands again.
Advantages offered in shipping cars from Dubai to the Netherlands.
- We have contracts with international shipping lines to provide services to the port of Rotterdam or Amsterdam at the lowest prices and the shortest period.
- The professional work team in MegaSpeed Cargo, with its specialised experience in car shipping to Europe, can deal with all types of cars with high professionalism while following safety measures to protect cars during the shipping period.
- Careful inspection of the car is carried out before the shipping process.
- Experience in dealing with documents, operations and customs clearance at Jebel Ali and Rotterdam.
- Shipping cars from the Netherlands to the UAE.
- We have freight forwarders in the Netherlands ready to facilitate the process of receiving and customs clearance in Dutch ports.
Contact us if you want more information about car shipping services from Dubai to the Netherlands. Our staff will be more than happy to help. You could also request a free quote, and we will reply as quickly as possible.